Thursday, January 17, 2008

The Waiting Game


And so starts the waiting game. It's been about 4 days since ovulation, so I'm trying hard every minute of the day to stop calculating things in my head. I go to different websites and each of them tells me what day implantation will occur (that is if it will occur) and what's the earliest I will be able to do a home pregnancy test. According to one website, implantation will happen probably around Sunday.

Now I'm sure I'll be spending all day Sunday looking for signs. How could you not have this on your mind 24 hours a day. So many people have told me to put it out of my head, but you can't. I mean let's be for real, if you don't constantly think about it, you won't be trying on the right days.

That's all fine and dandy for someone who hasn't miscarried a few times. But the last couple of months I have had two positive pregnancy tests, only to get my period the exact day I would've gotten it according to my schedule. At first I thought maybe I bought the bad batch of home pregnancy tests.

I have to say though that I'm not feeling as though I'll lose it if I'm not pregnant this time. Maybe because I just have this feeling that I really am. I think this is my year. I think it will happen.

Cross your fingers and toes for me.

1 comment:

Maria said...

I agree, it's impossible not to think about. The 2WW is the hardest most evil part of the cycle. But I do think your great positive attitude can only help.

Good luck!