Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Donating


I was feeling a little down today, and somehow got the strength to continue doing what I started...cleaning out closets. I know the old "if you haven't worn it in the past year, throw it out" rule, but I can't seem to get it down pat. I definitely throw out a lot but not as much as I should.
So, yesterday my husband and I brought six bags to the truck to be donated and I have been steadily cleaning out my closet and going through my drawers since I got home from work. I'd say I have another 4 hefty bags full ready to go down to the truck. I feel horrible though because some of the stuff still has tags on it, some are blouses my mom gave me that I know I haven't even worn yet. She asks me from time to time where they are and I always fib and say I usually wear them when she's not around.
It really is therapeutic and I feel so good afterward. But if I had more time I would take everything out of my drawers and reorganize according to...you know, tee shirts, camisoles, sweaters, long sleeve shirts, etc.

I reorganized my sock drawer and got rid of just about half of them. Then I hit the unmentionables. Right before the wedding a year and a half ago, I lost alot of weight. Mostly due to stress and nerves. I guess I went out and bought out most of Vi*torias S#cret and they definitely don't fit. I got rid of alot of those too.

I won't feel completely better until I clear up the little things left all over the room and then comes the task of getting everything to the truck. Hubby won't be home till late or else I would wait for him.

I guess I got something done today that kept my mind off of other things.

2 comments:

Daniella said...

cleaning out is good. I'm obsessed with getting rid of stuff. I now keep a big shopping bag in my closet and throw stuff in it for Goodwill.

Joannah said...

I love to clean out drawers and closets! I first offer up my castoffs to my sister, and then Goodwill or Salvation Army gets the rest.