Thursday, January 10, 2008

Emerging

So it seems as though I'm "emerging". I had my annual check up today with my ob.gyn and that was her statement to me. I guess she felt that way because the last time that she saw me, previous to the lump checkup, I was distraught about my loss and was hysterically crying. I mean, who wouldn't be? I went through 12 weeks of happiness mixed with 24 hour a day morning sickness and then it was over.

Well, other than telling me that she thought I should seek psychiatric help and go back on birth control for a year, she didn't know what else to say. I didn't seek help, I knew I would eventually feel a little better, but like all losses it takes some time. But I certainly didn't want to go back on birth control and not for a year!

She saw a smile on my face today and decided that I am "emerging". I guess I am. This is a new year and I am definitely feeling optimistic. Oh yeah, and she did make sure to throw in that I should wait a few more months before trying again. Too bad I've been trying for a while now anyway...no luck...but I'm still trying.

1 comment: