Monday, January 28, 2008

"Not" Again


As if the first negative on Friday wasn't enough, I decided to waste another HPT just to see those three little letters again. I mean I knew I wasn't pregnant. I felt Not pregnant. So I don't know why I needed to take another test. But I did, and it was negative.
And then this morning I awoke with a visit from Aunt Flo. I really dislike Aunt Flo. I think she knows it too. Now more than ever I am drained of all energy, mentally and physically. I can't believe I have to wait two weeks and start the whole thing over again. The first two weeks are the depressing ones. The last two are hopeful and somewhat happy, but I spend most of that time praying for signs. I hate that it's become such a job, such a scheduled job. It was never supposed to be this way and I never in my life thought it would be.
I saw my sister the other night. She's gotten a lot bigger and she still has 2 more months to go. I tried to keep my mind on other things and just act silly and laugh. I think I made her laugh too much and she almost peed on herself more than once. I really tried not to feel sad myself, but it was kinda hard the next morning waiting for the test results and thinking all the what ifs. What if I can't get pregnant again? What if I never do? What if my biological clock has stopped ticking for whatever reason?
So I decided...What if I stop thinking so negatively and start preparing myself for the next cycle? Sounds like a plan.

2 comments:

Daniella said...

I like your new plan - How I wish it did not have to be this hard. When I read your post it practically mirrored my thoughts from my 98 written journal when 2 of the other wives from Joe's band were due within the same week as I - my baby was not to be that year. It was hard, but I tried like you are to stay positive and focused. I'm doing that now with the adoption and it's hard too - I got another "maybe it's not meant to be" today ugh!!!!! Praying and crossing everything for this to be your month!
xoxo

Joannah said...

I'm so sorry about you BFN. Try to persevere. This next cycle is full of possibility for you.

((hugs))