Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Switch...again


Had my new ob-gyn appointment today and it was very disappointing. I just didn't get a warm fuzzy feeling when I walked in the door. I didn't get the warm fuzzies in the waiting room, and I sure as hell did not get them when I went into the exam room.


I don't know, it just was a weird setup, and the exam table/chair was something I've never seen before. It looked old and outdated. It was literally a chair with a high back, and then I guess it folds down for the exam. But it just was weird. I just didn't get a comfortable feeling. I felt like there is way too much technology out there for this office to look so 1970's.


I literally sat there for about 15 minutes waiting for the doctor thinking that it just wasn't right for me. I couldn't see myself coming there often, say if I got pregnant. I couldn't see my DH feeling at all comfortable.


So I quickly got up, told the girls at the front desk that I was having stomach issues (which isn't a lie-I really felt sick to my stomach), and I left very quickly.


I called my friend and asked her when the last time she had gone to that office and she said it was over 10 years. I don't think much has changed in there since then.


No worries though. I wrote a few quick emails to my chiropractor who had told me she would recommend a great ob-gyn, and I even sent a quick email to my genetic counselor who will be getting back to me tomorrow.


Was that bad of me? To get up and leave like that? I guess maybe I wasted their time a little bit, but there were about three other women sitting in those horrible looking chairs waiting for their exam. So I guess I just cut their wait time a little.


I think the girls at the front desk were a little annoyed, but hey, it's my body and I have to be comfortable. Update your damn office. Sorry.


I have to schedule my IVF Teach class closer to when I will start injections, which is May 17th. So I don't have to worry about that just yet.


But first...(anybody a fan of Big Brother? if so then you understood the bold writing)

My sister seems to be in labor...it started this morning. The mucus plug went and she's been having some pain today. Her midwife told her she needs to relax her body and not sit around all day stressing if she's going into labor. She told her to try and take a nap. Sounds easy, but she's had a bad cold lately and she's just ready to give birth now.


I'm just waiting for the phone to ring now. I 'll keep you posted.........


2 comments:

Daniella said...

you definitely did the right thing. wishing your sister an easy l&d.

Anonymous said...

Good for you! Leaving was definetly the right thing to do.