Friday, March 21, 2008

It's a Boy!

So He's here. He was born Wednesday the 19th of March and he's so handsome. It was a long labor, the little guy just didn't want to position himself properly. I spent the whole day at the hospital with my mom, my sister and my brother.

I really thought I would be more upset than happy, as crazy as that sounds, but I was OK. I couldn't let my emotions get the best of me. I have to just be happy for my sister.

But damn, my baby would've been a week and a half old right now.

The hardest thing right now is everyone calling me to congratulate me on becoming an aunt finally. And all I wish for is for people congratulating me on becoming a mother.

I'm not trying to rush my IVF injections, but I almost want to feel that pain right now to remind me that I am on the right track to having my own. Right now I feel like I'm waiting and waiting and in the meantime, babies are being born, other women are getting pregnant and I'm in limbo.

I need some fudge. It probably won't make me feel any better, but I got a great piece of it from my very best friend and I should have some now. So off I go to enjoy putting on some unnecessary weight. I probably should try and lose some since the stress of IVF might pack on a few more pounds...so I've heard.

Diet starts Monday!

4 comments:

Daniella said...

I'm happy all went well for your sister and welcome baby Alex :) I do understand how your feeling - honestly I do. Waiting just plain suck - I don't understand why it has to be so hard to become a parent. Eat fudge - I'm eating pie :)

Joannah said...

Congratulations on becoming an auntie! One of the greatest joys in my life has been watching my nieces grow up.

sara said...

Hey saw you on lost and found and wanted to say hi and good luck with your upcomnig hysteroscopy and IVF cycle. I just got done doing my first and am in the two week wait. Stop by if you have any questions along the way. Congrats on being a new aunt!

Jen said...

Congratulations on becoming an aunt and starting down the road on IVF!

And I totally understand the feeling of waiting and waiting while everyone is getting pregnant around you. But I try to remind myself of the reason we are doing IVF with PGD, it doesn't always work but I try!