Monday, February 18, 2008

Showers of Happiness!



I've been just a little busy lately...sorry to anyone who has missed me, but more importantly sorry to those bloggers who I love to visit with...particularly my blogging buddy who was kind enough to include me in her awesome blog allthingsnew . Thank you thank you!

I can't believe I just typed away like a madman for about 15 minutes and thought everything was good and hit publish post and poof...it was gone. Where did all my typing go?



Oh well, let me try to remember what I wrote...



Ok, my sister's baby shower was a success. I had a very hectic week making chocolates, writing out baby poems, wrapping gifts and decorating.



My best friend had made really great chocolate lollipops for my bridal shower in the shape of an umbrella. She talked me into doing the same for my sister, but only after she vowed to help. It was actually fun and I have to admit that I licked a whole lot of chocolate out of the bowls before they hit the sink.



We made umbrella and rattle lollipops, wrapped them in cute cellophane and used these really cool twist ties that said "It's a Boy!" in blue. Then I had ordered cute stickers with the happy couple kissing and the caption "It all started with a kiss".



I then found a cool poem that I printed out onto parchment paper and rolled into scrolls. Here's the poem...


I'm really glad that you could come
And help surprise my mother
sit down, relax, enjoy yourselves
and chat with one another
Sorry I can't be with you
to join in Mommy's shower
But I'm very busy you see
I'm growing more each hour
Though I'm not there to thank you
for the lovely gifts you've brought
my family is grateful
we appreciate the thought
I'll be arriving shortly
and I'm as happy as can be
so, after I've been home awhile
please come and visit me
Everyone loved it and many cried. But a bunch of people didn't realize what the scroll was and thought it was a menu. After I spent a long time printing the scrolls, rolling them, cutting ribbon, tying ribbon, curling ribbon...whew...my friend calls to tell me that what I should do is print one for every table and put it in a frame so that everyone can see it right away!!!!!
AHHHH!! You know how long it took? Her idea was better, but then again a bunch of people were happy to have their own copy to take home.
And it made my sister cry.
The day was a success and I have to say, I thought I would be much more upset than I was. I did think about the fact that I would've been having my own shower right around this time and all these cute little gifts would've been going home with me too.
But it was her day, I was truly happy for her and I really can't wait to meet my new nephew.



No comments: