Monday, May 19, 2008

Not so bad...

I'm happy to report that the injections are not so bad. The first one didn't hurt at all, in fact I didn't even feel it and I thought my husband was playing a trick on me. Of course I almost passed out right before he did it, and that was only after I kept saying "I can't do it, I can't do it". Then I started freaking out because I thought if I can't do these little small needles, how the hell am I going to do the trigger shot or the progesterone shots?

The last few pinched a little more but I think I was squeezing my skin too tight. And in case you're wondering, I haven't given myself the shot yet...my husband has been so good about it. I'm just hoping that he can do all of them for me because I really don't think I can do it myself. He wants me to practice in case he has to work late and I tried to last night but I just couldn't do it.

Maybe knowing that he was right there and would do it for me made me not really try. Now I'm just waiting for my period so that I can go in for a day 3 ultrasound. Blah, that should be fun.

Thanks for all the encouragement out there. I promise to let you guys know if I actually get up enough nerve to do it myself.

3 comments:

Joannah said...

I'm hoping all my acupuncture needles will prevent me from having to give my self shots down the road! I can so much better tolerate receiving than giving...

Oh, the things we must endure!

:-)

sara said...

Congrats on starting the shots, I hope your period comes soon so that you can start your cycle and ultrasound. Isn't it crazy the things we go through to have a kid!

A n T said...

Good Luck with your upcoming cycle. The injections will become a thing of the past and you can do it in your sleep.